Johnson Get Together 2014, Summerville, GA

Thread: Growth Chart

Default Growth Chart

There has been a lot of discussions and questions ask about a puppy/dogs weight at a certain age. Here is a chart that I use on most of our dogs to keep track of there growth up to 1 year old. This is a good tool to watch how breedings mature and get some idea of how the pups may turn out at a year old . This takes a lot of time and consistant weighing with a good set of scales. This is Supermans chart and it will give you some idea of the weight tread . Notice at around 8.5 months old he is starting to level off and increases are very slight and actually will loose weight in some weeks up to 1 year. I hope this will put a little light on the subject.

Apparently after the 9 months he grew only about 2 or 3 pounds more until he was 1 year old. How much more was that he grew after the first year, I mean final weight as a complete adult . (of course that we are talking about Superman that is not your regular AB). is this chart similar for females ?
    Carl (Carlos)
    http://calversamericanbulldog.com/

"Lord do not let me stay where I am, help me to get where you want"

Default Weight

Males will continue to gain small amounts of weight until 3 or 4 years old The females have a more slower trend and usually takes them until 14 to 16 months to reach the same percentage of growth rate as the males.
    Last edited by Indian Branch Kennels; 11-10-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Dang Mitchell that almost has mean convinced to pop for a digital scale!

Default Great info

Thanks for posting this. What I found most interesting is how steady the trajectory of growth is between 0-8.5 months. You'd think there would be spurts, but there you have it. My boy is 22 weeks on Tuesday and 63lbs. Pretty dead on with this chart.

thank you for the info gives good insight.

This is a good method of keeping records on weights. What program did you use? Thanks for posting this up.

Bump....

this is great info. my ab seems to be following this chart within 5-8lbs.. he seems to have hit a growth spurt since 22wks now..

9. Default

How much did the pup in the chart weigh at 2 years and again at three years?

Thanks for the chart,
    Bart